|Coeur d’Alene National Forest
This site was originally a fire fighting camp in 1930.
In 1934 a 30′ pole L-4 tower was built.
The tower was destroyed in 1960
We knew this tower was destroyed but still wanted to view the site ourselves and see what, if anything, was left on site. The hike out to the tower site is beautiful and easily followed. Along the route, we found a telephone cable and an insulator.
Once we reached the site we could quickly see that the tower was likely burnt where it stood. There is a fairly large pit full of debris from the tower.
The cement footings were still in place and the area was littered with debris dating to when the tower stood.